This week’s R2A bulletin!
R2A Activity – La Bomba del Tiempo
- On Sunday, we’re going to go see La Bomba del Tiempo at the Centro Cultural Konex. For those of you who don’t know who they are, La Bomba is a group of 15+ percussionists that create a rhythmic atmosphere where it’s impossible not to dance. They have an interesting way of making music in which over 100 hand signals are used by the rotating conductor to drive the songs.
- The concert will be held outdoors and will be over by 10 PM so you won’t be out too late on a Sunday night.
- When we’re meeting: Sunday, January 23rd at 8 PM
- Where we’re meeting: Centro Cultural Konex – Sarmiento 3131 (corner with Anchorena)
- How to get there: B Line – Carlos Gardel station, 24 and124 Buses, about a 20 minute walk from the Road House
- RSVP by Friday at 2 PM!!!
Wine-Tasting Course Starting Next Monday!
- You made it to Argentina, so why not learn how to taste some of the best wines in the world? Our certified sommelier will teach you about everything from the wine-making process to food pairings, to tips for buying great wines.
- The 4-part course starts next Monday so sign up today and start enjoying Argentina’s incredible wines!
- Cost: US$ 90 or AR$ 360
- There are only about 4 or 5 spots left!
- Schedule: 6-8 PM, Mondays and Wednesdays. 24th & 26th of January and January 31st & February 2nd.
- See the attached document for full details.
Mate and Medialunas on Friday at 4:30 PM
- All are welcome to join María and me on the terrace of the Road House this Friday. We’ll relax, talk about the ins and outs of mate, and answer any questions that you have about traveling in Argentina and making the most out of your time here.
- When: Friday, January 21st at 4:30 PM
- Where: Road House (Anchorena 1680)
Road2Argentina January Activities
- We’re headed to La Bomba this Sunday, but also keep your calendars free for next Thursday evening. We’ll check out the new modern art museum in San Telmo and also explore the historic Ezeiza family house which has since been turned into shops. More info coming next week.