Happy New Year everyone!!!
We hope you had a great New Year’s Eve and are ready to begin 2011with R2A. We are really excited to start off the new year and we have some great activities to get the year going!
- R2A Activity: Tour of the Cultural Center of Recoleta- Thursday, January 6
- Mate and Medialunas on Friday
- Beat the Heat: take a day trip to Tigre
- Next week: Group Dinner
R2A Activity: Tour of the Cultural Center of Recoleta
- We’ll be going on a tour of the Centro Cultural de Recoleta where there are many exhibitions currently on display. One of the most interesting ones is called “Migraciones” depicting the global migracion movement, mostly within Latin America, and the emotional highs and lows of moving to and living in a foreign place.
- Afterwards we’ll go to a near by cafe to “tomar algo” i.e. have some refreshments
- We’ll meet at the Roadhouse at 4pm sharp and go walking over to the center.
- RSVP by Wednesday at 5pm!!!
Mate and Medialunas on Friday at 4:30
- Come by on Friday for our weekly mate tasting accpanied by medialunas and other pastries. We’ll be meeting on the Roadhouse terrace to relax, enjoy some mate, spend time with some great company!
Beat the Heat!
- If you’re looking for a quick trip out of the hot city take a day trip to Tigre!
- Tigre is a town on the river about an hour train ride from the Retiro train station.
- Take a boat ride to Tres Bocas once you arrive and have lunch at one of the many parrillas on the water!
- Here’s a link to the tourism page of Tigre (in Spanish) http://www.vivitigre.gov.ar/
- Feel free to email me if you have anymore questions about going
Next Thursday, January 13th Group Dinner
- Next week on Thursday January 13 we will be having our group dinner at the Roadhouse terrace. Stay tuned for more details!
Have a great week everyone!